Thursday, January 22, 2009

One for you, and one for me

Levi came home from school on Tuesday with a tangled-up necklace that he had made. He loves to string beads! He brought the necklace to me and said with excitement "it's for me and you, Mama!" to which I said, "Oh, thank you". The tangled mess lay on our counter the rest of the evening. The next morning Derek drove the boys to school for me so that I could have some time to do things around the house. After they left, I grabbed a cup of coffee and noticed the knotted-up necklace. I bet I worked for ten minutes to untangle that thing! It slowly started to straighten out, and to my surprise, it was not one necklace: it was two! One for Levi, and one for his Mama. I'm not sure why, but my eyes filled with tears and I immediately put my necklace on. I carefully searched through my closet for a sweater that would match my beautiful blue necklace, which I wore proudly the entire day. Sometimes it's the little things that mean so much....don't ask me why...but if you're a Mama, I bet you know exactly what I mean!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Ok, if you get teary-eyed just reading your post about your necklace, then you are a Mommy! That is so sweet. I just love the little things about being a mom! I've had a stressful week and the other night I was making cookies for Dylan's class and I spilled them over messing them up. I was so upset and had my head down. Dylan came running in and said "What's wrong, Mommy?" I told him Mommy had messed up his cookies. He said, "It's ok, Mommy. We can fix them!" I almost lost it! He didn't realize it, but he "fixed it" just by that little comment! I love being a mommy!! Hope you guys are doing well.