Friday, August 22, 2008

Luke & Levi's First Week of School

Luke washing his hands at school

Levi in the sand box with his new friend Hannah




Luke working in the classroom
Luke and Levi started school at Oak Grove Montessori School in Carrollton this week. Unfortunately, we all had a stomach bug over the weekend, and Luke was sick on the first day of school and had to stay home. It broke my heart to pull out of the driveway with Levi in the car with Luke standing at the windows crying! I was very anxious about dropping him off that morning, but it went perfectly. I walked him to the gate where all the kids enter the school. He walked right in with no problem! I only cried a few tears. Luckily, Luke was able to go to school with Levi on Tuesday. They have enjoyed it all week.
Derek offered to take the boys to school on Wednesday so that I could spend the morning at home. I don't know what happened, but after they all left, all I could do was cry! I cleaned house in my tears. It was so strange for the boys to not be here. In almost three years, I can almost count on both hands the number of times they haven't been with me, other than when I was at work. I know that this will be a great thing for the boys, and me, too. I will just have to adjust.
We have inquired every day about what they did at school. Here's the list:
  • played on the playground
  • scooped with a bowl and a spoon
  • washed their hands
  • walked on the "red line"
  • sang songs and tapped on their knees
  • ate pretzels and cheerios
  • ate cereal for snack "out of my hands, not in a bowl like daddy does"
  • they have their own water bottle with their name on it that they get to fill up all by themselves
  • met a girl named Madison, "she is pretty and I like her" (Luke)

Sounds like a busy week to me! We were lucky to get the pictures from this week. Laura Gayle, head of school, takes a lot of candid shots throughout the school day, which she shares by e-mail.






No comments: