Friday, June 6, 2008

More fun at the beach

Mimi (my mom) and Granddaddy (Derek's dad) came with us on our trip. The boys have really enjoyed spending their days with both of their grandparents. Yesterday, after a full day at the beach and swimming pool, Luke & Levi were being a little "difficult", and not listening to their grandparents requests. It was definitely nap time. So, I called the boys over for a little discussion about being nice and listening to Mimi and Granddaddy. I explain that Mimi and Granddaddy are our "guests". I ask if they know what a guest is. Luke chimes right in, "a guest is trouble!"

We have also been working on potty training a lot this week, and I think we have crossed a major hurdle! The boys are wearing big-boy underwear all day now, with very few accidents. The best part is watching the two of them together. When either of them "produces", they always call the other one over to see the finished product! They actually sat together on the toilet the other night (I know, you're trying to picture this...they face each other with one sitting on the back of the toilet and one on the front!)

The boys have also found a girlfriend that is staying in a condo down the street from us. Her name is Karsyn and she is from south Georgia, near Valdosta. Actually, Levi is partial to Karsyn, and Luke has fallen for her mother :o) Too bad she's my age and married! After we get home I will have to post a picture of all of them together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke is on to something about guests being trouble! The boys are precious and how cool to have a new 3-yr old friend nearby. I'm so happy for you all. One of my little boys, Jimmy, graduated high school last weekend. Hard to believe. There are so many wonderful milestones with children and I wish you well on that most important one, potty training.
Thanks for staying in touch.